Stipendije ICFO (poslijedoktorski studij) (fizika) - Španjolska
- Kategorija: Međunarodna suradnja
- Objavljeno: Petak, 08 Rujan 2017 17:21
ICFO Postdoctoral Position for International Applicants in Spain
The ICFO is pleased to offer a postdoctoral position in ultrafast laser science and nonlinear optics in Spain. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this position.
As an institution, ICFO strives to be a resource for science, technology, and talent and to provide ICFO researchers with unique skills to become successful and independent future leaders, both in the academic and industrial worlds.
The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
In order to be eligible applicants must have a high working knowledge of English.
Course Level: Position is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Position is awarded in ultrafast laser science and nonlinear optics.
Scholarship Award: Salaries will be commensurate with the experience of the candidates.
Scholarship can be taken in: Spain.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized D.-equivalent degree(or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) in a relevant field, prior to taking up the position.
- We are seeking enthusiastic candidates with:
- Demonstrated experience in ultrafast pulse generation, nonlinear optics, and metrology,
- Knowledge in laser physics, the aspects of pulse formation and compression of few-cycle pulses, and concepts to measure pulses,
- Experience with optical simulation and ray tracing is beneficial.
- We expect excellent skills in English (written and spoken) and participation in project leadership as well as the ability to work in or lead, a team of people. Diligent work ethic, as well as a strong desire for problem-solving and team work, is essential.
- No restrictions of citizenship apply to the ICFO positions. Female scientists are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Salaries will be commensurate with the experience of the candidates.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized Ph.D. equivalent degree.
English Language Requirements: ICFO expects excellent skills in English (written and spoken) and participation in project leadership as well as the ability to work in, or lead, a team of people. Diligent work ethic, as well as a strong desire for problem-solving and teamwork, is essential.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online (https://jobs.icfo.es/index.php?detail=329).
To apply, suitable candidates are requested to submit (in English) the following material:
- A Cover/Presentation letter with a declaration of interest, outlining past research achievements and a description of future research aspirations,
- A Curriculum Vitae with research publications, as well as your contact details,
- Via the online application form, the candidate should indicate two referees, who we will contact for their reference letters if necessary.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is October 31, 2017.
More information available at: https://jobs.icfo.es/index.php?detail=329